Monday, January 26, 2009

Le Petite Prince


Here is the little mini quilt I made for January
in the Flickr 'Swap till You Drop' group.
Theme: read it, watch it, sing it


It is for Sylvie in France,
and so I decided to use a famous French childrens book/opera/movie
'The Little Prince' by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
This is one of his beautiful illustrations!
I really enjoyed making this, I was inspired by this work.
Although I was a little frightened, to do it on my 30yr old Janome,
I decided to use a strand of embroidery thread and hand applique it.

4 comments:

Sam said...

This is really cute Jane :D love it

Sylvie - Madame Créative said...

This is really cute and i am very happy with it.
Thanks again Jane.

susan said...

i think its gorgeous

CatieAn said...

hi jane
i am way behind in my blog visiting. What sweet quilt! It is so darn cute.