Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What fun!

Today we walked to Kinda, and when we arrived we noticed they were a Mum short on duty, so we volunteered. It is wonderful to watch Sophia's freindships flourish, and to get to know the other children. We played puzzles/games/dressups, listened to music, read books, played outside, and finally made Dads gift for Fathers Day. We came home with an invitation to breakfast the saturday before Fathers Day. I know they will both love it. Needless to say Tessa also had a wonderful time, playing with the big kids/ eating dirt outside e.t.c.
I received my first postcrossings postcard today, all the way from Finland! How exciting!

2 comments:

Louise said...

Hi Jane, welcome to blogland and how fantastic you are doing the Autumn Quilt swap. It is by far the best way of making new friends in blogland. I am also doing kinder duty this Thursday and always really enjoy it. If you love 1930's repro fabrics, wait until you see what I bought online from the US (so much cheaper) recently. I will post about it when it arrives. I have just spent the afternoon cutting the fabrics for the train quilt and can't wait to get to the machine and start sewing. Great to make a new Melbourne blog friend.

Sue said...

Welcome to the world of bloggers. I used to love kinder duty when my girls were younger, now they've all grown-up and flown the coop.
Have to admit it gives me much more time for quilting etc