Monday, September 3, 2007

When I am young I shall wear purple...

Sophia loves purple! Everything needs to be purple. It's suprising where this little obsession comes from. . . her last dummy was purple!
I am a pink girl, my mother was a pink girl, it's hard for me to get my head around. I have the challenge of making a purple quilt now, I look at the fabrics and they don't gel together. it's amazing how you are in tune with certain colors and hues and others not. Colors give you certain feelings and memories. Don't you agree?

Sophia has been helping me with my 'Sisters shoebox swap'. We spent the morning at a local craft market last weekend and she chose something very dear to her heart for our friend Lisa. This week I will be making something, with fabric my brother purchased for me. It comes from the country he has lived in for the last 9 years. Add something sweet, something pleasurable, it's all coming together....

1 comment:

Louise said...

My Lucinda is mad for anything purple at the moment. Not sure why but I'm happy to oblige - she would like a purple quilt too. I have decided to collect a heap of repro 1930's purples as they will have a more vintage feel that won't date like some of the more modern purples. The quilt pattern she wants has appliqued dress blocks all over it - we have compromised on me doing a couple - otherwise she wouldn't get it until she was in her 30's! But first I need to get on with Chloe's!