Thursday, April 17, 2008

4 Seasons 'Spring Quilt"' Swap

And here is my Spring Quilt "1930's Butterfly" tomorrow it will wing it's way to it's new home. Yes very similar, but I did say I was glad to see 1930's lovers coming out of the woodwork!
This is on it's way to another 1930's lover, and I hope it suits her. The body of it is a triple Irish chain that I have made for myself and as a wedding quilt. It took around 80 individual printed squares for this block alone, so I may have doubled up on some prints! You will recognise my favourite butterfly in the middle (in Sophia purple).

3 comments:

smiledarlin said...

Jane,
That really is cute! It really says SPRING... and that butterfly is too cute. I know your person will love that quilt- if she is a 1930s lover.
I don't think I have seen many of those 1930s fabric...very nice.

Ya know- it may have been the Depression Era- but I really love the 1930's- at least the fabrics!!!

Great job...
Lori-Lyn

Jodie said...

Very very springish (Is that a word).
I love all those little squares - it must have taken ages.

Christie said...

Beautiful fabric, that is the sweetest quilt.